Icon Removal (was: Re: Icons in kdelib)

Martijn Klingens martijn at martijn.homeip.net
Sun Oct 5 20:54:13 CEST 2003

On Sunday 05 October 2003 16:47, Marc Mutz wrote:
> Ehum? I think I didn't get it: How else do you want to ensure consitency
> between apps if not by moving common icons to kdelibs so they can be
> used by all apps?

Depends... if you use e.g. Launch for Launch it's fine. If you use the icon
that happens to be called 'launch' because you need an icon of a rocket it is
NOT fine, because there's no guarantee that the icon is also being drawn as a
rocket in another icon theme or even in Crystal in another KDE version.

I was referring to this latter case, but I should have explained it a bit
more, sorry.

--
Martijn