Fwd: Hayes

Harri Porten kde-policies@mail.kde.org
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 01:19:15 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Andreas Pour wrote:

> I am talking about "accountability".  This means, you don't just elect someone
> and then he is dictator and gets to do whatever he wants.  That is not and never
> will be KDE.

Agreed.

> This is also not an issue of PR versus developers.  This is an issue
> of respecting contributors and people with leadership positions acting
> in the best interests of KDE.

OK. But it seems we have to put this issue at rest until you bring forward
concrete facts about the problems you are hinting at (and all other's
don't know about).

> Nothing in KDE is irreplacable.  I am replaceable, Dirk is replaceable.  So
> instead of focusing on personalities we need to focus on the issues.  The issue
> here is to what extent the project has legitimacy.
>
> > > Don't worry, I will be preparing an indictment against Dirk.
> >
> Sure, this is all pretty damn funny as long as your project is not involved,
> isn't it?

I didn't say that it is funny (it makes me sad) and I insists on stressing
that it *is* my project (a tiny little bit) as it is everybody else's on
this and other lists. My point is that the project as a whole isn't served
at all by 1-2 people's private vendetta. And the announcement of an
indictment (rather than voicing concerns in time) might indeed look
immature to the rest of us.

Harri.