Fwd: Hayes

Navindra Umanee kde-policies@mail.kde.org
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 17:55:27 -0500

Andreas Pour <pour@mieterra.com> wrote:
> The only way any group is going to function is if the institutions
> have legitimacy.  When Dirk has so abused his position, then it is
> incumbent to strongly rebuke him or to remove him from office.  If
> this does not happen, the position loses its legitimacy.  In my
> opinion the position has lost its legitimacy, so long as Dirk is in
> it.

Rebuke?  Remove from office?  I'm sorry, but you're not going to win
this one.  Dirk is volunteer and highly respected developer for the
KDE project, and from my personal[1] experience with him, he has done
a *mighty* fine job of managing the KDE 3.1 release overall.

Note that KDE project *will* go back to not having any PR if it comes
to that, because it simply does not make sense to hit on the core
developers and volunteers like this even if it is for the "cause".

Fact of the matter is, PR is a luxury and not a core component of the
KDE project (I guess that's why KDE League does its own thing).
Really, the only solution is a peaceful one.

Later,
Navin.

[1] Obviously, this is not your opinion, I only speak from what I've
seen on the development lists although I am away of some friction
regarding PR.