Voting rights - the GNOME way

Simon Hausmann kde-policies@mail.kde.org
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 12:26:40 +0100

On Sun, Nov 24, 2002 at 02:11:50PM +0300, Vadim Plessky wrote:
> On th eother hand, it seem KDE community lacks possibility to influence Qt
> development.
> Yes, there are cases when key KDE developers can supply huge pieces of code to
> TrollTech, or patch existing code heavily (like David Faure did with QRT
> during his work on KWord)
> But I am speaking about more extended  influence, like: new features for Qt,
> etc.
> Do you think that it would be possible to define some policy for this, too?
> Otherwise, I am afraid, we would lose some flexibility GTK2 guys have.

I think Qt development is beyond KDE's control in terms of defining
policies.

But talking with the Trolls works and has always worked. For example
people have contributed codecs in the past, or Seli for example
created the on-demand icon loading through QIconSet (I think they
didn't take his patch right away but the basic idea of the icon
factory remained) .

So, if something is needed I think you should talk to them,
communicate. But I don't see how we (KDE) can define a policy
here...

Simon