Voting rights - the GNOME way

Navindra Umanee kde-policies@mail.kde.org
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 15:21:38 -0500

I was a little off in my characterisation of KDE e.V.  I'm not trying
to say KDE e.V. is evil.  What I'm trying to say is that if KDE
e.V. is going to go after something like kde-cafe then it should keep
the people involved informed -- in this case the subscribers.  Asking
for the archives to simply be deleted for example is not a good thing.
Most of us just heard about it second hand and it came as an
unpleasant surprise to people who were used to the resource to
suddenly find it gone.

What I'm saying is that KDE e.V. should communicate its concerns and
intentions better.  The way it looked like from the outside was as if
KDE e.V. was some anonymous and unaccountable force.

Thanks for this list Harri, it's a good step.

Cheers,
Navin.