September/October KDE PIM summary blog post

laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Fri Oct 27 07:59:48 BST 2023

Le vendredi 27 octobre 2023, 08:56:06 CEST laurent Montel a écrit :
> Hi,
> During theses 2 months, I worked mainly to clean up code for qt6 support.
> - Remove pri support unused (removed in framework too)
> - Remove unused qOverload
> - Port deprecated methods.
> - Make sure to compile without deprecated qt6.6 code.
> - etc.
>
> - newmailnotification agent: I improved history notification, now we can open
> mail/folder => when we have a lot of messages we can open specific folder/
mail
>  (see screenshot)
>
> - kdepim-addons: continue to implement adblock support based on rust code.
>
> - kmail: I implemented load on demand for widget as
OpenSavedFileFolderWidget/
> tracker widget etc. => not necessary to create all widget if we don't use
> them.
> Start to implement restore closed messageviewer. => If we close by error an
> external message viewer, we can restore it. Not necessary to search where
> message came from.
>

> - knotes: Fix 475098:KNotes crashes on start (bug 475098)

KTextAddons: local translator engine bergamot: I started to work with
developper to converting bergamot code as a lib. Now it's named slimt.
I started to migrate plugin to slimt. (It will not necessary (in the future)
to clone bergamot code, we can use slimt lib).

I continue to implement speech to text support. I worked mainly against vosk-
api engine (local engine). I hope to release a new ktextaddons soon + add
support in pim component soon.

Thanks all for ktextaddons.