September/October KDE PIM summary blog post

Carl Schwan carl at carlschwan.eu
Fri Oct 27 12:12:37 BST 2023

On Wednesday, October 25, 2023 5:54:21 PM CEST Volker Krause wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> it's time for the bi-monthly blog post again :)
>
> If you have contributed in September or October, a summary of your most
> noteworthy changes would be helpful, bonus points for corresponding
> screenshots or links to already existing blog posts. If you noticed
> something noteworthy during the past two months, feel free to add that as
> well of course!
>
> To help refresh your memories and to make sure we aren't missing anything
> important, there's two files attached here, an auto-generated detailed
> changelog (this tends to be 30-50% of the commits, using David F's changelog
> scripts for KF releases), and basic commit stats for the PIM repositories.
>
> The last post was edited by Dan
> (https://kontact.kde.org/blog/2023/2023-09-01-kde-pim-july-august-2023/),
> any volunteers for this one?

I can take care of this one :)

> We'd like to place those all on kontact.kde.org now, so practically this is
> just an MR against https://invent.kde.org/websites/kontact-kde-org/.

> Thanks for your help!
> Volker

## Kirigami Addons

In Kirigami Addons, there is now a Date and Time picker which can be used in
Merkuro, Itinerary and other Kirigami applications.

## Merkuro

Merkuro was ported to Qt6 and most regressions caused by the port are also
fixed. We also ported all the list delegates of Merkuro to the new
RoundedItemDelegate component. Similarly our MobileForm usage was ported to
FormCard and we are now using the KirigamiAddons.Settings for the setting
dialog.

### Merkur Calendar

Most of the focus, in the last two months was fixing issues in the calendar
module. Carl fixed a off by one error in the calendar view when the local
timezone is located West of the UTC timezone (e.g. in the US or in South
America). He also fixed a bug where Merkuro would crash on start depending on
the locale.

### Merkuro Contact

Merkuro Contact has a redesigned contact page.

Carl added support to edit the birthday and anniversary date, thanks to the
new component of Kirigami Addons.

### Merkuro Mail

Claudio worked on the email account settings and Merkuro now let's you edit
your Identity settings including the crypto settings. Aakarsh then added
support to edit the incoming accounts settings (IMAP, POP3 and Exchange).

Aakarsh also added support to open .mbox and .eml files directly with Merkuro
Mail and added a context menu to manage the email folders in the sidebar.

## MimeTreeParser

Carl added support for protected headers (both the current version and the
legacy version).

Aside from that, MimeTreeParser is now almost fully unit tested and should
handle a lot more edge cases when parsing encrypted and unencrypted emails.