September/October KDE PIM summary blog post

laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Fri Oct 27 07:56:06 BST 2023

Hi,
During theses 2 months, I worked mainly to clean up code for qt6 support.
- Remove pri support unused (removed in framework too)
- Remove unused qOverload
- Port deprecated methods.
- Make sure to compile without deprecated qt6.6 code.
- etc.

- newmailnotification agent: I improved history notification, now we can open
mail/folder => when we have a lot of messages we can open specific folder/mail
 (see screenshot)

- kdepim-addons: continue to implement adblock support based on rust code.

- kmail: I implemented load on demand for widget as OpenSavedFileFolderWidget/
tracker widget etc. => not necessary to create all widget if we don't use
them.
Start to implement restore closed messageviewer. => If we close by error an
external message viewer, we can restore it. Not necessary to search where
message came from.

- knotes: Fix 475098:KNotes crashes on start (bug 475098)

Regards.

Le mercredi 25 octobre 2023, 17:54:21 CEST Volker Krause a écrit :
> Hello everyone,
>
> it's time for the bi-monthly blog post again :)
>
> If you have contributed in September or October, a summary of your most
> noteworthy changes would be helpful, bonus points for corresponding
> screenshots or links to already existing blog posts. If you noticed
something
> noteworthy during the past two months, feel free to add that as well of
> course!
>
> To help refresh your memories and to make sure we aren't missing anything
> important, there's two files attached here, an auto-generated detailed
> changelog (this tends to be 30-50% of the commits, using David F's changelog
> scripts for KF releases), and basic commit stats for the PIM repositories.
>
> The last post was edited by Dan (https://kontact.kde.org/blog/
2023/2023-09-01-kde-pim-july-august-2023/), any volunteers for this one?