March/April KDE PIM summary blog post

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Thu Apr 28 07:55:59 BST 2022

=== Calendaring ===

* Kalendar and KOrganizer now use the same unified reminder daemon, replacing
the previous app-specific implementations.

=== KOrganizer ===

* Fix the the progress indicator in the todo tree view being rendered
vertically.

=== Kalendar ===

* There's is an ongoing effort to refactor and move around commonly used
calendaring code with the goal to reduce Kalendar's dependencies, and in
particular any remaining widget-based UI code paths that aren't well suited
for mobile use.

=== Itinerary ===

There's a dedicated post with status updates here: https://volkerkrause.eu/
2022/04/02/kde-itinerary-february-march-2022.html

In very recent news, we are unfortunately no longer able to publish updates in
the Google Play store, due to KDE Itinerary being able to store health
certificates. New rules by Google do not allow such a feature unless you are a
government or public health entity. The only way around that would be building
a separate version just for the Play store with that feature as well as any
references to it in the application metadata removed. That's something our
build and deployment pipeline doesn't support at this point though. KDE
Itinerary in the Play store will be therefore be stuck at 21.12.3 for the
foreseeable future, for continuing to receive updates we recommend [KDE's F-
Droid repositories](https://community.kde.org/Android/FDroid) instead.

=== KMail ===

* Fix travel information extraction for certain combinations of email and text
codecs used in Asia.