Meeting to discuss calendaring solutions

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Thu Jul 15 21:11:49 BST 2021

On Donnerstag, 15. Juli 2021 20:12:37 CEST Aleix Pol wrote:
> Present: Nico, Volker, Glen, Carl, Aleix
> * Status quo
>     * Kalendar was created to
>         * Be able to support online
>         * Be more cross-device (desktop & mobile)
>         * TODO Carl will see if it's possible to use Kalendar on
> Plasma Mobile with less Akonadi dependency
>     * Both Kalendar & Calindori use KCalendarCore
>         * They use a different class to base themselves
>         * Kalendar is more specifically targetting Akonadi, so to
> adopt Kalendar we'll need to figure Akonadi out for Mobile, or make
> Kalendar use an abstraction

Akonadi is already an abstraction. Either use Akonadi or use something else,
but don't try to create an abstraction on top of an already extremely complex
abstraction like Akonadi.

For Mobile you probably want to look at DAVx⁵ (formerly known as DAVdroid) for
syncing calendar data.

Don't reinvent the wheel. And don't try to abstract the wheel. ;-)

> * WE WANT TO HAVE A JOINT MOBILE + PIM SPRINT
>      * There's rumours about cake and raclette

Yeah, cheesecake! :-)

Regards,
Ingo