Meeting to discuss calendaring solutions

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Jul 15 19:12:37 BST 2021

On Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 4:11 PM Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 10, 2021 at 1:45 AM Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi everyone,
> > So we tried meeting today but we were missing too many people to feel
> > like we could properly have the meeting, so let's try again:
> > https://doodle.com/poll/fmsemm9w5pt4mfg7
> >
> > I added more times, let's see if we can make it like this.
> >
> > Aleix

> > > Hi all,
> > > Let's meet next Friday 9th at 10am UTC (12pm CEST).
> > >
> > > Things to discuss:
> > > - Figuring out the weird Calinodri vs Kalendar state.
> > > - Seeing what's the calendaring status quo in desktop, seeing if some
> > > of the mobile applications would help there as well.
> > >
> > > Aleix
>
> Let's meet next Thursday at 5pm UTC. Please everyone try to make it,
> either if you were on the poll or not. ;)

Hi,
Here's a bit what we discussed, more on the call tomorrow.

Present: Nico, Volker, Glen, Carl, Aleix
* Status quo
    * Kalendar was created to
        * Be able to support online
        * Be more cross-device (desktop & mobile)
        * TODO Carl will see if it's possible to use Kalendar on
Plasma Mobile with less Akonadi dependency
    * Both Kalendar & Calindori use KCalendarCore
        * They use a different class to base themselves
        * Kalendar is more specifically targetting Akonadi, so to
adopt Kalendar we'll need to figure Akonadi out for Mobile, or make
Kalendar use an abstraction
* Cross-platform
    * Kontact won't be able to integrate Kirigami applications realistically
    * We need to see how e.g. KMail would integrate with Kalendar
* Solutions
    * There's the need for integration APIs that e.g. Itinerary, Plasma needs
* Integrating with apps

* WE WANT TO HAVE A JOINT MOBILE + PIM SPRINT
     * There's rumours about cake and raclette