"Akonadi Resources for Google Services" blocked?!

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 12:53:57 BST 2021

Hi,

I just updated my libkgapi to a relatively recent version that already has the "let's use the browser to log in to google" change (20.11.80; my system doesn't have the dependencies to use the latest version).

My browser does get activated and indeed shows a google login selector for "Akonadi Resources for Google Services" when I try to create a new account (for the gdrive kio) via dolphin.

Clicking on the app link pops open a dialog with
> Developer info
> Email: kde-ev-board at kde.org
> Choosing an account will redirect you to: http://127.0.0.1:33911

and then when selecting an account I get
> This app is blocked
>
> This app tried to access sensitive info in your Google Account. To keep your
> account safe, Google blocked this access.

Is the libkgapi version I'm using too old after all, or is this indeed what it claims to be, i.e. the "app" is not currently sanctioned by google (and everyone would get this)? Or is my GDrive kioslave too old?

FWIW, I discovered yesterday that even browsers based on QtWebEngine 5.12 can no longer log in to Google anything, but curiously the rebooted QtWebkit alpha can. I'm guessing that it won't solve anything to revert to libkgapi 19.11.90 which worked until I don't remember when I last used it, but hacked to use QtWebKit (I'd just butt against that same app block)?