Knode source code

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Wed Sep 23 10:39:38 BST 2020

Hi Sebastian,

KNode did not make the transition from KDE4 to KF5/Qt5, so the last version of
the KDE4 source code is still in the monolithic kdepim repo here:

https://invent.kde.org/unmaintained/kdepim/-/tree/KDE/4.14/knode

Porting to KF5 might be the first step, although IIRC one of the reasons to
drop KNode was that it never was even properly migrated to KDE4/Qt4. Note
that even port to KF5 will probably be rather non-trivial task, since you will
also need to port to libraries that have been split from the monolithic
kdepimlibs repo and have evolved since.

Note that there is an effort to develop an NNTP Akonadi resource so that you
could sync and read NNTP messages in KMail - see [0]. If all you want is to
get an NNTP reader, maybe you could get in touch with Pino and see what state
his project is in - I think KMail will give you similar experience as KNode
would, but it will be much less effort to get it to cooperate. It's also
actively maintained - I'm afraid that there is no interest in the PIM
community as of now to officially bring back or maintain KNode :(

/Dan

[0]  https://invent.kde.org/pino/akonadi-nntp

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil at kde.org

GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9 9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683