Merging kcalutils release/20.04 onto master

Glen Ditchfield GJDitchfield at acm.org
Fri May 29 17:08:20 BST 2020

On Thursday, May 28, 2020 7:04:10 A.M. CDT Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> You might double-check in your .git/config that the url and push url are
> correct (url = git at invent.kde.org:pim/kcalutils.git), that might be a thing,

Yes, that was it, thanks!

For fellow noobs:  I am working in a KDE PIM docker image that dates from
before the switch to Gitlab, and I ran the conversion scripts that I knew of.
The local workspace's .git/config file contains

    [remote "origin"]
        url = kde:pim/kcalutils.git
        fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
    [branch "master"]
        remote = origin
        merge = refs/heads/master

Note the "kde:" prefix.
~/.gitconfig contained (among other things)

    [url "ssh://git@git.kde.org/"]
        pushInsteadOf = kde:
    [url "ssh://git@invent.kde.org/"]
        pushInsteadOf = kde:

I believe git chose the first declaration instead of the last.  "git push"
succeeded after I commented out every mention of git.kde.org in .gitconfig.