Merging kcalutils release/20.04 onto master

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Thu May 28 13:04:10 BST 2020

On Thursday, 28 May 2020 05:25:50 CEST Glen Ditchfield wrote:
> I was asked to commit a small change to kcalutils release/20.04 branch
> (a 4-line change to src/templates/todo.html).  I seem to have managed that:
> https://invent.kde.org/pim/kcalutils/-/commit/c12e9b37

Looks sensible, yes. You pushed that there yourself?

>     $ git push
>     FATAL: W any pim/kcalutils gditchfield DENIED by fallthru
>     (or you mis-spelled the reponame)
>     fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
>
>     Please make sure you have the correct access rights
>     and the repository exists.

.. I have done the same steps, but am afraid to try the push -- if it
succeeds, that steals your work and I don't have the (social, PIM-project)
approval to do that push, even if technically I can.

> Is there some other way to make the merge?

You might double-check in your .git/config that the url and push url are
correct (url = git at invent.kde.org:pim/kcalutils.git), that might be a thing,
and you might try with merging branch name origin/release/20.04 (so, dropping
the "remotes/" part of the branch name).

That's all that comes to mind from this PIM-incidental end.

[ade]