D29223: Update Taiwanese holidays

N. Higa noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 4 02:50:47 BST 2020

nhiga added a comment.

  > On the Spring festival 春節 of 2020, the publicholidays.tw page and the official source listed on that page both showed Jan 23 to 29 as the days off.

  I think both of us can be correct:

  - I referred to this document by Ministry of the Interior, R. O. C. (Taiwan) for 2020 <https://www.moi.gov.tw/files/news_file/109%E5%B9%B4%E6%87%89%E6%94%BE%E5%81%87%E4%B9%8B%E7%B4%80%E5%BF%B5%E6%97%A5%E5%8F%8A%E7%AF%80%E6%97%A5(odt).odt>. I believe that document is showing the "minimum requirements by law", which means all employees should be able to haves days off on the listed holidays.
  - For government offices, I believe that the regulations "政府機關調整上班日期處理要點" will be applied and civil servants have extra days off in some conditions. For example it says " 四、上班日為星期一或星期五,其後一日或前一日逢星期二或星期四之紀念日及節日之放假,調整該上班日為放假日。農曆除夕前一日為上班日者,調整該上班日為放假日。 ", so I think this is why Jan 23 is also a day off for them.

  > Would you also indicate the plan for the festivals specified as "2020" in this diff for future years?

  I plan to follow the format in the `holiday_hk_*` files, so it will be something like:

    :: 應放假之紀念日及節日(以農曆為基礎)

    : Chinese New Year's Eve
    "農曆除夕"                          public cultural on 24 January 2020
    : Spring festival
    "春節"                              public cultural on 25 January 2020 length 5 days
    : Tomb Sweeping Day
    "民族掃墓節"                        public cultural on 4 April 2020
    : Dragon Boat Festival
    "端午節"                            public cultural on 25 June 2020
    : Mid-Autumn Festival
    "中秋節"                            public cultural on 1 October 2020

    "農曆除夕"                          public cultural on DD MM 2021
    "春節"                              public cultural on DD MM 2021 length Y days
    "民族掃墓節"                        public cultural on DD MM 2021
    "端午節"                            public cultural on DD MM 2021
    "中秋節"                            public cultural on DD MM 2021

    :: Substitute holidays
    :: 補假

    "兒童節補假"                        public on 3 April 2020
    "民族掃墓節補假"                    public on 2 April 2020

    "XX補假"                            public on DD MM 2021
    "XX補假"                            public on DD MM 2021

INLINE COMMENTS

> weisi wrote in holiday_tw_zh-tw:38
> Do you intend to use 3 days here?
>
> According to 紀念日及節日實施辦法 <https://law.moj.gov.tw/LawClass/LawAll.aspx?pcode=D0020033>:
>
> > 下列民俗節日,除春節放假三日外,其餘均放假一日... (3 days off for the Spring festival, 1 day off otherwise, for the following...)

I intentionally included substitute holidays (Jan 28-29 2020) when writing the length, since `holiday_hk_*`also include substitute holidays in the length for Spring Festival.

> weisi wrote in holiday_tw_zh-tw:62
> I think this one is more religious than commemorative.

True. Maybe mark it as "religious commemorative"?

REPOSITORY
  R175 KHolidays

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D29223