Adopt improvements in Email Encryption in KMail got funded by NGI0 PET

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Thu Feb 6 11:33:30 GMT 2020

Sandro Knauß - 06.02.20, 00:28:14 CET:
> Additionally to our work adding Autocrypt/improving encryption
> nlnet.net will fund a security review of KDEPIM and a WCAG-accessible
> check. That means also other areas of KDEPIM will improve. Still the
> question is open what parts of KDEPIM are looked at and what
> Frameworks etc are included.

I still believe that Akonadi needs serious stability, reliability and
performance work, like for example the new indexing thing thought out by
Dan.

But I am still on KDEPIM 19.08, so I did not consider any improvements
past that day. It got a bit better since I disabled AppArmor on Debian
for akonadi-server at least some crashes appear to have gone.

--
Martin