Adopt improvements in Email Encryption in KMail got funded by NGI0 PET

Sandro Knauß sknauss at kde.org
Wed Feb 5 23:28:14 GMT 2020

Hey,

> > means I will add Autocrypt support and Encrypted header support the
> > next months. *yeah* What I still need is someone who can help me with
>
> Congratulations! This is really important for KMail.

thanks a lot.

> > the UX? Does anyone know people I can ask for UX? I have added a
>
> Asking the Visual Design Group
> (https://community.kde.org/KDE_Visual_Design_Group) would be a
> reasonable first step. I'll also poke a few people on IRC to get in
> touch with you.

Thanks for this. I had not really great experience to reach the VDG in the
past (I tried it two/three times some years before) but never got any answer.
That's why I haven't tried to reach the VDG as a team and asked Thomas Pfeiffer
directly and he will do the UX for this project. *whoo*

We are currently doing the paperwork prepare a timeline and than will start
working on this project after that you can follow our work in Phabricator. But
if someone is interested what we are doing at the moment, just give me any
sign, that you want to be added to the mails as CC.

Additionally to our work adding Autocrypt/improving encryption nlnet.net will
fund a security review of KDEPIM and a WCAG-accessible check. That means also
other areas of KDEPIM will improve. Still the question is open what parts of
KDEPIM are looked at and what Frameworks etc are included.

hefee