Adopt improvements in Email Encryption in KMail got funded by NGI0 PET

Sandro Knauß sknauss at kde.org
Sun Feb 9 00:43:49 GMT 2020

Hey,

> I still believe that Akonadi needs serious stability, reliability and
> performance work, like for example the new indexing thing thought out by
> Dan.

That is out of scope, as my application is about encryption and I can't switch
to Akonadi internals. The indexing improve can be another application at
nlnet, as you can motivate it with improving the search of encrypted mails.
Btw. nlnet has two funds one for encryption, security etc. and one for search
and related. And the search fund has very less projects asking for money. I
can support anyone, who wants to do that.

> But I am still on KDEPIM 19.08, so I did not consider any improvements
> past that day. It got a bit better since I disabled AppArmor on Debian
> for akonadi-server at least some crashes appear to have gone.

hey I need such feedback to improve the AppArmor profiles. KMail is working
great for me with AppArmor enabled. I wasn't aware, that AppArmor is broken
for anyone except me ;)
The only one I'm aware of is:
#948499, but that's mysql backend and not postgres and I think this is only
for the first start.

hefee