D28938: DAV resource: propagate color changes to the server

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Apr 18 11:55:11 BST 2020

dfaure added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dvratil wrote in davgroupwareresource.cpp:613
> If the color is not valid, the job is basically a no-op. Could that potentially cause some issues? Maybe you should just add an `else` branch that calls `changeCommitted()` and returns immediately.

That's *exactly* what I had initially. But as soon as this job does more than color -- like handling renamings -- then this approach doesn't work anymore.

The only issue is a job that changes nothing, this doesn't give any errors. And since we can't know here which attributes of the collection have changed, this will happen many times.

But see also my question about whether it actually makes sense to have an invalid color for a calendar, at all. From a user's point of view, I don't see it.

REPOSITORY
  R44 KDE PIM Runtime

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D28938