D28608: Install kontact_kmailplugin into kf5/kontactplugins, with JSON metadata.

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 6 16:58:30 BST 2020

kossebau added a comment.

  Yes, "kcontactt5" with the suffix 5 is proposed as technology namespace (though if the actual executable binaries are not namespaced as it seems they are not?, co-installability is not possible anyway).
  Using "kf5/" as an intermediate level for technology reasons would make kontact stay out from the other applications though. IMHO this should be really left as prefix for plugins extending KF modules only.
  Cmp. Okular, KDevelop, Falkon, etc or Plasma.

  (And I mentioned the "qt5/" prefix only in case it was not obvious to some why qt5 in in the system path, to make clear there is no real need besides simple setup).

  So I really would like you to consider switching to "kontact5" or "kontact5/plugins" instead of "kf5/kontactplugins". To not make the plugins/ subdir more random in the patterns used there.

REPOSITORY
  R206 KMail

BRANCH
  kontact_kmailplugin