D28608: Install kontact_kmailplugin into kf5/kontactplugins, with JSON metadata.

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 6 15:42:42 BST 2020

dfaure added a comment.

  Ah, naming, we can spend all day on it ;)

  Yep the kf5 is a technology reason, to avoid mixing with kf6-based plugins.
  On your system the qt5 does that already, but that's not the default layout.
  With a self-built Qt and KDE I get <kdeprefix>/lib64/plugins and <qtprefix>/plugins, no qt5 in there.

  Indeed kontact5 would do that too, assuming kontact keeps using the Qt/KF major version number for itself.
  (BTW it's kontact, not kontakt, the second 'k' would be redundant, LOL)

  I don't really like kmail.so. Yes, once installed it's kind of clear what it is, but in the CMakeLists it would mean a target "kmail" (ouch) (yes I know one can change the executable name, but that's just more tricks and confusion, let's keep it simple). Also in the builddir, bin/kontact_kmailplugin.so is pretty clear what it is.

  I think clarity of CMakeLists.txt and builddir are important too, even at the price of a bit of harmless duplication in the install dir.

REPOSITORY
  R206 KMail

BRANCH
  kontact_kmailplugin