D28608: Install kontact_kmailplugin into kf5/kontactplugins, with JSON metadata.

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 6 13:18:09 BST 2020

dfaure added a comment.

  Fair point. But then again, there are different sorts of things that kontact loads. These are actually called "kontactplugin"s everywhere (source dirs, Kontact/Plugin servicetype).

  But for instance KCM plugins for kontact don't belong in there, and would go into some different subdir. Half-good half-bad example though because they are normal KCM modules so they'll probably all go together with other KCM modules into some kcm subdir.

  Then there are the actual KParts, which shouldn't go in there either.

  Yeah this is about "kontactplugin" vs "plugin for kontact" (for N types of plugins), possibly confusing, I agree.

  I think a too-generically named subdir creates a risk that people put other kinds of things in there, that's my main idea behind this name.

REPOSITORY
  R206 KMail

BRANCH
  kontact_kmailplugin