D28608: Install kontact_kmailplugin into kf5/kontactplugins, with JSON metadata.

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 6 13:48:43 BST 2020

kossebau added a comment.

  In D28608#642820 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28608#642820>, @dfaure wrote:

  > I think a too-generically named subdir creates a risk that people put other kinds of things in there, that's my main idea behind this name.

  Comparing "lib/qt5/plugins/kf5/kontakt" & "lib/qt5/plugins/kf5/kontaktplugins", I would not think that it help making sure that people see this as plugins "for" kontact, not plugins "from" kontakt. Given also that the "for" aspect is already a thing for any other subdirs in the plugins/ folder.
  (Personally I would even use "lib/qt5/plugins/kontakt5" instead, as this is not about plugins for anything from "kf5". And the "qt5" in the path is only because of technology needs, due to using Qt plugin loading logic, where any non-qt5 path would need more setup in normal system installations. Otherwise one would even expect "lib/plugins/kontakt5").

  I see the point of following a naming pattern already seen elsewhere in the code. Though like the service type already modifies it, splitting the name and inserting a / -> "Kontact/Plugin", I would argue to do the same here, as in reusing the "plugins" from earlier in the path, and using the "kontact" only at the lowest ordering level.

  My 2 cents as outsider :)

REPOSITORY
  R206 KMail

BRANCH