kcalcore / libical 2.0 why ?

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Mon Mar 12 13:28:32 GMT 2018

I had intended to send a heads-up warning about this and give people
a couple weeks to prepare.  But then Ben sent out his dependency freeze
and I forgot.

There is no critical reason for this change; except for the usual bugfixes.
Note that libical2 is not binary compatible so a complete rebuild of kde/pim is recommended.

If you are building by-hand I suggest going directly to version 3.0.3
https://github.com/libical/libical/releases/tag/v3.0.3

If you are using kdesrc-build put this in the global section of kdesrc-buildrc
set-env PKG_CONFIG_PATH /usr/local/lib64/pkgconfig  #or whereever you installed it