Want to help make improvements

Doran L. Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Sat Jul 14 05:30:15 BST 2018

Howdy KDE-PIM developers!

I'm a long-time software developer, but I've never contributed to any KDE projects, but my
frustration compels me to want to do something. I've used kmail and kontact off and on
for years. Each time I give it a go, I end up moving to another IMAP client because of
random issues.

I was using Claws instead of kmail on my Fedora systems but when Fedora 28 came out, they
removed the "fancy" plugin for Claws because of a dependency on gtkhtml or some other HTML
rendering library. So, now I'm back to kmail. I use it to read mail from four IMAP accounts,
all of which are perfectly readable using mutt. One of those accounts, with my employer,
Bluehost, doesn't work at all. kmail says the resource is broken.

One account is for an with Amazon WorkMail. It works fine but when I try to send mail from my
Gmail account, it insists on using the WorkMail account even though kmail's configuration says
e-mail from my gmail identity should go through smtp.gmail.com.

Another account works fine on my desktop computer, but won't retrieve messages on my laptop
unless I restart akonadi, so I'm having to do that constantly throughout the day.

So, how can I help troubleshoot and report these issues so that I or someone else can figure
what is wrong with KDE-PIM? I'm tired of pining for a graphical mutt.

--
Doran L. Barton <fozz at iodynamics.com> - Linux, Perl, Video, good fun, and more!
 "Please do not smoke this room."