D14127: Cache country <-> ISO code mapping in both directions

Daniel Vrátil noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jul 15 12:55:15 BST 2018

dvratil added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> address.cpp:655
>      // we search a map file for translations from country names to
>      // iso codes, storing caching things in a QMap for faster future
>      // access.

s/QMap/QHash/

> address.cpp:672
> +                const auto iso = countryInfo[1].toString();
> +                sIsoCache->countryToIso.insert(cname, iso);
> +                return iso;

Would it make sense to also insert the strings to the `isoToCountry` hash table to benefit QString's explicit sharing (and vice-verase in `ISOToCountry()`), or is it unlikely any code would benefit from this?

REPOSITORY
  R174 PIM: KContacts

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D14127