Test runtime for Akonadi

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Aug 28 20:15:12 BST 2018

On Tue, 28 Aug 2018, 23:20 Daniel Vrátil, <dvratil at kde.org> wrote:

> Hi Ben,

Hi Daniel,

> I noticed that the CI tooling script seems to start kdeinit5 automatically
> before executing the tests. Is this a recent change? I cannot think of any
> change in Akonadi that could've caused this.

The CI tests have started kdeinit5 for a very long time (back in the KDE 4
days we would start kdeinit4 and nepomukserver) so this change shouldn't be
the cause.

It is virtually a hard requirement we start kdeinit5 due to the limitation
of CTest not allowing processes from tests to remain running.

> I wonder if running the isolated tests inside its own DBus session would
> help
> - not only improving the isolation but also getting us full control over
> the
> test session...

Is there any way of easily telling why Akonadi isn't exiting, before we
start looking into full isolation?

Cheers,
Ben