D8179: Extend MessagePart API as needed for porting the vcard plugin

Sandro Knauß noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 10 09:29:26 BST 2017

knauss added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> vkrause wrote in messagepart.cpp:105
> I can't do that (yet), it would break code using the BodyPart based memento API, which uses the same key. Killing (or at least massively stripping down) BodyPart is on the TODO list though, which would enable this eventually.

ah you mean you can't change it at the moment as long as the implementation is still part of bodyPart. But than the other way round? bodyPart calls the version in MessagePart?

> vkrause wrote in messagepart.cpp:150
> And how would I get to the old code from here? BodyPart is a short-lived object only existing during processing.

ah sorry - I mixed up with partmetadata. But calling bodyPart -> messagepart would cleanup fix the code duplication.

REPOSITORY
  R94 PIM: Message Library

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D8179