D8179: Extend MessagePart API as needed for porting the vcard plugin

Volker Krause noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 10 20:01:11 BST 2017

vkrause added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> knauss wrote in messagepart.cpp:105
> ah you mean you can't change it at the moment as long as the implementation is still part of bodyPart. But than the other way round? bodyPart calls the version in MessagePart?

How would that work? BodyPart is used to construct MessagePart inside process() usually.

> knauss wrote in messagepart.cpp:150
> ah sorry - I mixed up with partmetadata. But calling bodyPart -> messagepart would cleanup fix the code duplication.

Besides the technical difficulty of actually doing this (see above), I don't think this is really a problem here. With the patch series in, we wont be using BodyPart for rendering anymore, making stuff like makeLink() in BodyPart entirely unused and unusable. So we basically have to live with that 8 lines of duplicated code for just a couple of days until I get around to clean up BodyPart.

REPOSITORY
  R94 PIM: Message Library

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D8179