Setting 4.14 PIM bugs to UNMAINTAINED

Sandro Knauß sknauss at kde.org
Sat Jan 21 22:37:58 GMT 2017

Hey Dan,

> Usually the process here is to ask users to reproduce on a recent version
> and set to WAITINGFORINFO with information that the bug will be closed if
> there is no reponse within some period of time (1-3 months?), or let users
> close it themselves if they can't/won't/are unable to reproduce.

+1

> > A seemingly large portion of users still uses KDE PIM 4.14. The number of
> > affected bugs would be huge as well. That's why I want to be extra sure
> > that all PIM devs are OK with my plan.
>
> Sadly, there's a lots of issues that are still relevant in recent version,
> it would be bad if we closed those issues too.

Yes, but I think neither you nor anyone from the pim devs have the time to go
through all bugreports and sort out still relevant/ not more relevant anymore.
If you have some in mind, go one - push them to 5.X version. So I think the
only way to get a cleaner view, of what is still relevant is to actually to
put them into UNMANTAINED, if we don't get anymore input.
It is also very difficult to tell if a report against kde 4.X is closed, if you
can't reproduce it. Than either the report is not correct enough, or the bug
was fixed in meanwhile.

Best Regards,

sandro