D7548: Prevent tag name vs gid confusion

Denis Kurz noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Aug 25 22:07:16 BST 2017

dkurz created this revision.
Restricted Application added a project: KDE PIM.

REVISION SUMMARY
  The old code relied on the display name of the tags of the item provided
  via load(const Akonadi::Item&) being set, but those aren't actually
  fetched. This led IncidenceCategories to believe that an item's
  categories are the gids of its tags. Saving the item without confirming
  the category dialog (e.g. by only modifying the description) led to this
  gid being written back to Akonadi. Opening the item again afterwards
  then even leads to a corresponding Akonadi tag being created.

  We reduce state in IncidenceEditor, stop matching Tags twice a
  row (in onTagsFetched and matchExistingCategories), and rely more on
  incidence->categories(), where no gid confusion exists.

  BUG: 373257
  FIXED-IN: 5.6.1

TEST PLAN
  I editted multiple events in KOrganizer, modifying categories or
  description or title of the event, or all of them in one change.
  For categories, I tried to set related subsets of my tags (a sub-
  or superset of the previously selected tags), or completely unrelated
  sets (deselecting all selected, and selecting previously other ones
  instead). All changes were saved as expected, and no gid-named
  categories were created in the process.

REPOSITORY
  R78 PIM: Incidence Editor

BRANCH