D7548: Prevent tag name vs gid confusion

Denis Kurz noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Aug 25 22:35:57 BST 2017

dkurz marked an inline comment as done.
dkurz added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7548#140147, @dvratil wrote:

  > I created an event in KOrganizer, gave it a bunch of categories and saved it. Then I edited the event, changed some parts and added some more categories and I did not see any GID-named categories being created. Did I miss some steps?

  Are you trying to reproduce the bug in an unpatched version? Some reasons why it might not have triggered for you:

  - you did not close the incidence dialog between the changes
  - you opened the category dialog when making your other changes, too
  - you assigned completely new categories to your tag (I think it should trigger in that case, but I'm not sure)

  The bug does not happen as soon as the category dialog is confirmed. In contrast to IncidenceCategories, which gets its Akonadi::Item from the EditorItemManager with incomplete Tags (no attributes fetched), the category dialog has its own set of Tags complete with the TAG attribute.

  Try the following:

  1. open an existing event
  2. only change its description
  3. click OK
  4. open the same event again

  That should do the trick.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dvratil wrote in incidencecategories.cpp:69
> So who now pre-selects the tags that the Item has?

We already meet incidence (stored in mLoadedIncidence) in the other load method. KCalCore::Incidence does not know about Akonadi::Items, but only has a set of strings for its categories, so there's no risk of confusing the two. The incidence's categories are then used as soon as we have complete information about the tags to match them in onTagsFetched.

REPOSITORY
  R78 PIM: Incidence Editor

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D7548