T5852: Abstract from direct use of QtWebEngine

Laurent Montel noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 11 10:23:22 BST 2017

mlaurent added a comment.

  Hi,
  In kmail/akregator it was not just a replacing from QtWebKit to QtWebEngine.
  We use a lot of async method now (before sync)
  We use a lot of javascript support now (still fixing some bugs last week).
  For sure as we create specific html and using javascript for get data etc.
  It will not easy to creating an abstract interface for all.

  For example all code was ported to async code in templateparser for removing all qrtwebkit.
  So for me you will add a code hard to maintaining in the future.

  So I don't want it for kdepim.
  As I think that I will continue for the future to maintain it I don't want to maintain 2 engine as I think it's obsolete  and it will remove in qt6 (in 2 years)

  I don't want to make more work for me :)
  So sorry I am against one it.

  Regards.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T5852