Akonadi EWS resource - bugfix release 0.8.1

Raymond Wooninck tittiatcoke at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 09:18:04 GMT 2016

Hi Chris,

On Saturday 29 October 2016 23:10:40 CET Krzysztof Nowicki wrote:
> I have read the logs that you have sent directly to me and while I don't yet
> know exactly why it crashed I'm pretty sure that I can reproduce it
> quickly, so I'll investigate this crash and put some better error handling
> in place.

That would be great :) At least this would mean that the resource could continue retrieving
the emails in the background instead of regular crashing.

> As for the crash during startup, could you send me the stack dump from
> drkonqi and the log? You should be able to find it in the systemd journal
> or in ~/.xsession-errors if you're not using systemd.

I believe this is the same error as the one above. At least the DrKonqi crash looked very
similar and at the moment of startup, the laptop doesn't have an network connection yet.
But I will see if I can get this reproduced.

This morning however I found another little thing, as that it seems that the
akonadi_ews_resource is going for a full refresh of my inbox. I am handling my Exchange
resource in actually three to four places. I have the account active on my mobile, iPad and
my laptop (either windows with Outlook or Linux with KMail now).  Most of the time I am
quickly checking emails on my phone and deleting the unwanted ones. Yesterday I started
kmail and the exchange inbox was equal to when kmail was shutdown, so the startup was
fast and new emails came in during the day. Last night somehow I decided not to delete
arriving emails, which led that I had 5 new emails in my inbox.  When I started Kmail up,
initially the resource didn't want to check for new emails, so I stopped kmail/akonadi and
restarted it. I am not sure now which one lead to the current situation, but now it seems
as if my whole inbox is being checked and retrieved again. I can't imaginge that it was the
stop/start of kmail/akonadi, as that the resource was NOT synchronizing and neither
wanted to do this.

I started it from the konsole and I see the following:

log_ews_resource_request: Starting SyncFolderItems request (folder:  EwsId(Inbox,
changeKey: AQAAABYAAABqgi+3K

It seems that the changeKey remains the same, but the value of state is changing.

Regards
Raymond