Akonadi EWS resource - bugfix release 0.8.1

Raymond Wooninck tittiatcoke at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 09:41:44 GMT 2016

On Saturday 29 October 2016 23:10:40 CET Krzysztof Nowicki wrote:

> As for the crash during startup, could you send me the stack dump from
> drkonqi and the log? You should be able to find it in the systemd journal
> or in ~/.xsession-errors if you're not using systemd.

Hi Chris,

It seems that I have no alternative than the remove the resource and start from the
beginning again. The resource fails to synchronize and ends with the following error in the
konsole:

log_ews_resource_proto: data KIO::TransferJob(0x48e4450) ""

Shortly after the resource wants to continue:
log_ews_resource: Streaming request timeout - restarting

but then crashes directly after

log_ews_resource_proto: data KIO::TransferJob(0x208c4b0) ""

After this the inbox is still not showing the new emails and starting another mail check,
starts everything from the beginning again, with unfortunately the same result.

I don't know if you had a look at the ews resource for Evolution, but it would go good to
compare methodologies here. The only way I can see is that something goes terribly
wrong with the ews resource for akonadi, but I am not sure if that is due to Akonadi or to
the ews resource itself. But for now, I will go back to Evolution as that a working Exchange
account is a must for me.

But please let me know if there are any updates to improve the current situation and I
would be more than happy to test again. (Either through the git repo or by sending me
direct patches).

I really really hope that this resource will reach a good working state, as that the EWS is a
big miss in the KDE world.

Thanks

Regards

Raymond