[Kde-pim] Broken Builds

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sun Jun 19 00:43:06 BST 2016

On Sun, Jun 19, 2016 at 11:10 AM, Daniel Vrátil <dvratil at kde.org> wrote:
> On Sunday, June 19, 2016 9:38:07 AM CEST Ben Cooksley wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> On the CI system there are currently a number of broken builds which
>> have occurred in recent times. It would be appreciated if folks could
>> fix those.
>>
>> They are:
>> - Cervisia (latest-qt4): Likely outdated build metadata, it looks to
>> be trying to build Frameworks/Qt 5 code in the Qt 4 environment
>> - kdepim-runtime (stable-kf5-qt5): Missing *.ui file, or alternatively
>> the build system is not setup to handle highly parallel compilation
>> and attempts to use the output of the header generation process before
>> it has been produced.
>
> Hi Ben,
>
> The last 10 builds (since April) of kdepim-runtime Applications-16.04 stable-
> kf5-qt5 are all green (although builds 21 and 22 are missing??), so is master.
> Do you have a link/logs of the failed builds?

It was builds 21 and 22 that had the error - I suspect I may have
deleted those ones by accident when cleaning up messagelib, etc.

>> - khotkeys (kf5-qt5): Missing plugin metadata file, or also lacking
>> setup for highly parallel compilation.
>> - kdeconnect-kde (both variants): Appears to be missing a header or
>> include path setup.
>> - kmymoney (kf5-qt5): Missing plugin metadata file, or lack of setup
>> for highly parallel compilation.
>> - PIM in general (all variants): Has broken binary/source
>> compatibility in it's various libraries, causing numerous builds to
>> fail. Please be more careful with the changes you make. I've performed
>> the necessary rebuilds to fix this.
>
> Is there any way the CI could detect the needed dependency versions from
> CMakeLists.txt? We try to keep the dependency versions up to date when we
> break API, but it's not always easy/possible to wait until the build on CI is
> finished to push the remaining changes. I don't blame the CI for this, I'm
> just wondering if there might be a way to make the CI "smarter" in this
> regard.

Unfortunately not really. That would require having a checkout of the
relevant code - before the jobs are created (so the checkout can't
exist yet, catch 22).
Are you referring to the upstream/downstream stuff which has been set
for some of the Frameworks builds?

The CI looks more at branch groups rather than versions in any case.

> Thanks,
> Dan

Regards,
Ben