[Kde-pim] Broken Builds

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Sun Jun 19 00:10:32 BST 2016

On Sunday, June 19, 2016 9:38:07 AM CEST Ben Cooksley wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On the CI system there are currently a number of broken builds which
> have occurred in recent times. It would be appreciated if folks could
> fix those.
>
> They are:
> - Cervisia (latest-qt4): Likely outdated build metadata, it looks to
> be trying to build Frameworks/Qt 5 code in the Qt 4 environment
> - kdepim-runtime (stable-kf5-qt5): Missing *.ui file, or alternatively
> the build system is not setup to handle highly parallel compilation
> and attempts to use the output of the header generation process before
> it has been produced.

Hi Ben,

The last 10 builds (since April) of kdepim-runtime Applications-16.04 stable-
kf5-qt5 are all green (although builds 21 and 22 are missing??), so is master.
Do you have a link/logs of the failed builds?

> - khotkeys (kf5-qt5): Missing plugin metadata file, or also lacking
> setup for highly parallel compilation.
> - kdeconnect-kde (both variants): Appears to be missing a header or
> include path setup.
> - kmymoney (kf5-qt5): Missing plugin metadata file, or lack of setup
> for highly parallel compilation.
> - PIM in general (all variants): Has broken binary/source
> compatibility in it's various libraries, causing numerous builds to
> fail. Please be more careful with the changes you make. I've performed
> the necessary rebuilds to fix this.

Is there any way the CI could detect the needed dependency versions from
CMakeLists.txt? We try to keep the dependency versions up to date when we
break API, but it's not always easy/possible to wait until the build on CI is
finished to push the remaining changes. I don't blame the CI for this, I'm
just wondering if there might be a way to make the CI "smarter" in this
regard.

Thanks,
Dan

> Thanks,
> Ben

Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil at kde.org

GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9 9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683