Building KDE PIM with kdesrc-build

Tom Warnke tom.warnke at kolabnow.com
Sat Aug 13 09:27:18 BST 2016

Hi,

I have set up kdesrc-build and am able to build all the PIM packages. However,
there are two problems I was able to find a workaround for, but not really
solve them:

1. When installing kdepim, kdesrc-build wants to put a file in /usr/share/
polkit-1/actions/ and fails because it doesn't have the permissions. The file
is kdepim/kalarm/src/org.kde.kalarmrtcwake.policy. I guess this could be fixed
by setting some environment variable to change the target directory?

2. kdesrc-build seems to prefer include files from devel packages that I
installed with my system package manager (I'm on opensuse tumbleweed) over the
include files it created and installed itself. If I remove the devel packages,
the correct include files are used. I guess that is a problem in my kdesrc-
build setup or again an environment variable. Maybe someone has an idea, so
here is my kdesrc-buildrc:

global
    source-dir  /data/kde/sources
    build-dir  /data/kde/build
    kdedir  /data/kde/install
    log-dir  /data/kde/logs

    git-repository-base     kde-projects kde:
    branch-group            kf5-qt5

    cmake-options -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=debug

    cxxflags -pipe -DQT_STRICT_ITERATORS -DQURL_NO_CAST_FROM_STRING -
DQT_NO_HTTP -DQT_NO_FTP -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Werror=return-type -
Wno-variadic-macros -Wlogical-op -Wmissing-include-dirs

    make-options -j4

    ignore-kde-structure    true
    stop-on-failure         false

end global

#include /data/kde/sources/kdesrc-build/kf5-frameworks-build-include
#include /data/kde/sources/kdesrc-build/kf5-workspace-build-include
#include /data/kde/sources/kdesrc-build/kf5-applications-build-include
include /data/kde/sources/kdesrc-build/kf5-kdepim-build-include

Thanks,
Tom