Building KDE PIM with kdesrc-build

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Sat Aug 13 18:03:07 BST 2016

On Saturday, August 13, 2016 10:27:18 AM CEST Tom Warnke wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> I have set up kdesrc-build and am able to build all the PIM packages.
> However, there are two problems I was able to find a workaround for, but
> not really solve them:
>
> 1. When installing kdepim, kdesrc-build wants to put a file in /usr/share/
> polkit-1/actions/ and fails because it doesn't have the permissions. The
> file is kdepim/kalarm/src/org.kde.kalarmrtcwake.policy. I guess this could
> be fixed by setting some environment variable to change the target
> directory?

The location is dictated by the KAuth framework, which in turn gets it from
PolkitQt. I assume you use KAuth framework provided by your distribution, so
it sets KAUTH_POLICY_FILES_INSTALL_DIR as /usr/share/polkit-1/actions. You
could try passing -DKAUTH_POLICY_FILES_INSTALL_DIR=/your/prefix/share/
polkit-1/actions to cmake to try to override it, but I'm not sure if it will
work.

Other option is to self-compile polkit-qt and kauth framework so that they
point to your prefix by defaut.

The easiest workaround is to temporarily make /usr/share/polkit-1/actions
writeable for all.

> 2. kdesrc-build seems to prefer include files from devel packages that I
> installed with my system package manager (I'm on opensuse tumbleweed) over
> the include files it created and installed itself. If I remove the devel
> packages, the correct include files are used. I guess that is a problem in
> my kdesrc- build setup or again an environment variable. Maybe someone has
> an idea, so here is my kdesrc-buildrc:

CMake is looking into LD_LIBRARY_PATH/cmake/ folder for config files, so you
need to add your prefix to LD_LIBRARY_PATH, i.e.

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/your/prefix/lib(64?):$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

This way CMake will first look for packages into your prefix (i.e. for those
you compiled yourself) and will fallback to using the ones provided by your
distribution in /usr otherwise.

Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil