[Kde-pim] frameworks - review?

Sandro Knauß sknauss at kde.org
Wed Oct 14 13:11:51 BST 2015

Hey,

in Randa we started a list of libs we want to release as frameworks before the
next Application release:

* kcontacts
* kholidays
* kmime
* syndication

So far I saw no mail on the Frameworks/Release ml that anything has entered
the review process (All Frameworks need a (formal) review before entering
Frameworks) We actually should also give us and the rest of KDE team enough
time to make a propper review (otherwise it is worthless).

Thats why I would suggest, to make a hard dealine for us and keep at least one
month for reviewing. That means, if the parts do not enter the review state in
the next two weeks (end of october), we can't use it as Frameworks in the
upcomming Application release and need to release it another time as part of
Applications.
But there is no need to stop the push the libraries to the review process -
the only part we need to take care, when we exactly release it as Frameworks.
A longer frameworks review is for sure better.

I don't like, that we often break deadlines from KDE - WE CAN DO IT BETTER !

I'm also very interested - what is the status of the Framework movement.

So far - do we have changed dependencies or anything (new repos?) I need to
care about for the next upcoming Application release as Release manager. So
far I didn't had to change anything in my docker build, so I think not.

Regads,

sandro