[Kde-pim] frameworks - review?

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Wed Oct 14 17:40:27 BST 2015

On Wednesday 14 October 2015 14:11:51 Sandro Knauß wrote:
> Hey,
>
> in Randa we started a list of libs we want to release as frameworks before
> the next Application release:
>
> * kcontacts
> * kholidays
> * kmime
> * syndication
>
> So far I saw no mail on the Frameworks/Release ml that anything has entered
> the review process (All Frameworks need a (formal) review before entering
> Frameworks) We actually should also give us and the rest of KDE team enough
> time to make a propper review (otherwise it is worthless).
>
> Thats why I would suggest, to make a hard dealine for us and keep at least
> one month for reviewing. That means, if the parts do not enter the review
> state in the next two weeks (end of october), we can't use it as Frameworks
> in the upcomming Application release and need to release it another time as
> part of Applications.
> But there is no need to stop the push the libraries to the review process -
> the only part we need to take care, when we exactly release it as
> Frameworks. A longer frameworks review is for sure better.
>
> I don't like, that we often break deadlines from KDE - WE CAN DO IT BETTER !
>
> I'm also very interested - what is the status of the Framework movement.

Thanks for bringing this up!

Regarding KMime: I'm behind schedule with the API/ABI changes I wanted get
done, with QtWS over I hopefully have some more time again for this now.
That's why I haven't pushed for a wider review yet.

> So far - do we have changed dependencies or anything (new repos?) I need to
> care about for the next upcoming Application release as Release manager. So
> far I didn't had to change anything in my docker build, so I think not.

I don't think the repo layout changed since 15.08, but dependencies did.

KCalUtils now hard-depends on Grantlee, probably not a big deal as that was
used elsewhere in the stack already.

regards,
Volker