[Kde-pim] frameworks - review?

Christophe Giboudeaux cgiboudeaux at gmx.com
Wed Oct 14 14:30:22 BST 2015

Hi,

On mercredi 14 octobre 2015 14:11:51 CEST Sandro Knauß wrote:
> Hey,
>
> in Randa we started a list of libs we want to release as frameworks before
> the next Application release:
>
> * kcontacts
> * kholidays
> * kmime
> * syndication
>
> So far I saw no mail on the Frameworks/Release ml that anything has entered
> the review process (All Frameworks need a (formal) review before entering
> Frameworks) We actually should also give us and the rest of KDE team enough
> time to make a propper review (otherwise it is worthless).

Before that, I recommend looking at the license issues :

kholidays:
src/parsers/plan2/holidayparserplan.cpp: GPL (v3 or later)
src/parsers/plan2/holidayscannerplan.cpp: *No copyright* GENERATED FILE

These two files are generated. I'm not sure you want the whole kholidays
framework being GPL-3.0+

kcontacts:
src/addresseehelper.cpp: LGPL (v2)

vs. LGPL-2.0+ for the other files.

syndication:

src/syndication/loader.cpp: UNKNOWN
src/syndication/dataretriever.cpp: UNKNOWN

same issue with the .h files.

kmime is almost ok (just some lgpl 2.0 only files in the autotests subdir)

Christophe

PS: https://bugs.kde.org/351752 is still opened, btw.