[Kde-pim] frameworks - review?

Sandro Knauß sknauss at kde.org
Sat Oct 17 13:35:32 BST 2015

Hey,

Thanks for your input. If I summerice the input:
For 15.08 we will not have any (new) framework ready.

Currently I'm also mostly unsure who is doing the actual work of bringing
things to framework for the single libs?

Current issues that were brought up:

* kholidays:
(John Layts task?)
> src/parsers/plan2/holidayparserplan.cpp: GPL (v3 or later)
> src/parsers/plan2/holidayscannerplan.cpp: *No copyright* GENERATED FILE
>
> These two files are generated. I'm not sure you want the whole kholidays
> framework being GPL-3.0+

* kcontacts:
(John Layts task?)
> src/addresseehelper.cpp: LGPL (v2)
> vs. LGPL-2.0+ for the other files.

* kmime:
(Volkers task)
> licence is almost ok (just some lgpl 2.0 only files in the autotests subdir)
> Volker: I'm behind schedule with the API/ABI changes I wanted get
> done, with QtWS over I hopefully have some more time again for this now.
> That's why I haven't pushed for a wider review yet.

* syndication
(who is pushing that?)
> src/syndication/loader.cpp: UNKNOWN
> src/syndication/dataretriever.cpp: UNKNOWN
> same issue with the .h files.

Regards,

sandro