[Kde-pim] Kontact Quick Weekly Meeting Notes

Michael Bohlender michael.bohlender at kdemail.net
Thu Oct 8 12:04:30 BST 2015

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 12:26 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday, October 7, 2015 19.42:46 Michael Bohlender wrote:
> > We plan to have a regular Hangout (weekly for now). Everyone who is
> > interested in pushing Kontact Quick is invited to join. The next meeting
> > will be Thursday, 15 October, 17:30 CEST. Please let us know, if you want
> > to join, but the time/date does not work for you.
>
> I am away next week .. I *might* be able to make it, but very doubtful. I
> will
> definitely be on the call the week after that though ....

Awesome!

> > ##Documentation
> > * will live in the git repository for now, written in markdown
> > * some concerns about accessibility for non-developers
>
> ikiwiki is a great compromise here .. I'm already using it for the code
> base
> inventory I've been working my way through ..

My main concern is that we use something different from the KDE
Infrastructure. I would like for this project to be as close to the
standard tools of the community as possible. Also I want the user-centered
design documentation to be accessible for our design and usability people.
Phriction (the phabricator wiki) was my preference. Not sure how much it
matters in the end.

> > ##License
> > * probably GPLv2+
>
> .. for which parts? Librareis? Client applications? QML components?

 Everything in the kontact-quick repository. So domain logic + ui.
AkoandiNext lives in a seperate repo.

Regards

Michael