[Kde-pim] [PSA] The Walking Dead: KJots is back

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Thu Nov 26 08:16:42 GMT 2015

Hi guys,

as per my discussion with Laurent, KJots is back but it now lives outside of
KDE PIM (and KDE Applications).

Turned out removing KJots left many users without proper access to their
notes. Zanshin is not there ( = KF5) yet and we can't keep people away from
their notes forever so I feel that it's necessary that we have KJots back
until there's an equivalent or better replacement (KNotes just does not cut
it).

However since KJots has its issues and it's not like we have that much
manpower to get it to the same quality level as the core PIM apps (and keep it
there), KJots is *not* a part of KDE PIM (or KDE Applications) release
anymore. I've split the code out from kdepim.git and currently maintain it in
playground/pim/kjots.git. My plan is to fix the most outstanding problems and
then push out an extragear release (ideally around the same time as KDE
Applications 15.12 release), and then we'll see what happens...

Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil at kde.org