[Kde-pim] note format

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Mon Mar 17 14:35:46 GMT 2014

On Monday 17 of March 2014 15:25:19 Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> On Monday 17 March 2014 14.42:48 Daniel Vrátil wrote:

> > > It's what is shipping in Debian Stable (= Wheezy). Are you telling me
> > > that I should stop supporting that?
> >
> > No, I meant that what I described in the other email does not work with
> > older KDE and Akonadi.

> > > akonadiconsole is listing it as "Mimetypes" under "Details" for the
> > > "Notes" resource on Debian Stable, using Akonadi 1.7.2.
> >
> > Oh, I only looked into akonotes resource (which uses vnd.akonadi.note),
> > but
> > I didn't know about the Notes resource, which indeed uses vnd.kde.notes.
> >
> > > When I copy the XDG dirs from Debian Stable to Debian Testing with
> > > 1.11.0, SyncEvolution is not finding the resource either when searching
> > > for text/x-vnd.akonadi.note. To me it looks like it still has the
> > > application/x-vnd.kde.notes content type, however, it is a bit harder to
> > > check because akonadiconsole does not run in my Debian Testing
> > > environment (no X).
> > >
> > > Looking further on Debian Stable I found the string in kdepim-runtime:
> > >
> > > $ for i in `dpkg -L kdepim-runtime`; do if strings -a $i | grep -q
> > > kde.notes; then echo $i; fi; done
> > > /usr/share/akonadi/agents/notesresource.desktop
> > > /usr/share/kde4/apps/akonadi/plugins/serializer/akonadi_serializer_kcalc
> > > or
> > > e. desktop
> > > /usr/share/kde4/apps/akonadi/plugins/serializer/akonadi_serializer_kcal.
> > > de
> > > ktop /usr/share/mime/packages/kdepim-mime.xml
> > > /usr/bin/akonadi_notes_resource
> > >
> > > This is KDE 4.4.11. The mimetype is the same with KDE 4.11.3 in Testing,
> > > although the files are different.
> > >
> > > So the question still stands: is application/x-vnd.kde.notes the new (?)
> > > type for notes, and what is the content?
> >
> > Judging from the serializers, both mime-types represent the same data
> > format, so you can use both.
>
> It seems indeed to be an alias according to kdepim-runtime 72b7c09d5, but
> IMO we should decide for one as i.e. the kolab resource now uses text/x-
> vnd.akonadi.note and application/x-vnd.akonadi.note while the notes
> resource uses application/x-vnd.kde.notes. IMO we should go with text/x-
> vnd.akonadi.note as specified in kdepimlibs/akonadi/notes/noteutils.h.

+1  for vnd.akonadi.note

However we can't just remove it, we can only make sure that all new items are
created with the new mime type.

Dan

> Cheers,
> Christian
>
> > Dan
> >
> > > Bye, Patrick

Daniel Vrátil | dvratil at redhat.com | dvratil on #kde-devel, #kontact, #akonadi
KDE Desktop Team
Associate Software Engineer, Red Hat, Inc.

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348