[Kde-pim] note format

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Mon Mar 17 14:25:19 GMT 2014

On Monday 17 March 2014 14.42:48 Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> On Monday 17 of March 2014 12:29:02 Patrick Ohly wrote:

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > regarding me reply in the other thread a few minutes ago, I was assuming
> > > Akonadi >= 1.11.0 and kdepimlibs >= 4.12. Please note that 1.7.2 is
> > > ancient
> > > and you might run into unexpected problems.
> >
> > It's what is shipping in Debian Stable (= Wheezy). Are you telling me
> > that I should stop supporting that?
>
> No, I meant that what I described in the other email does not work with
> older KDE and Akonadi.

> > > Looking into current 4.13 branch, I only see text/x-vnd.akonadi.note
> > > everywhere. Where exactly did you find the kde mimetype?
> >
> > akonadiconsole is listing it as "Mimetypes" under "Details" for the
> > "Notes" resource on Debian Stable, using Akonadi 1.7.2.
>
> Oh, I only looked into akonotes resource (which uses vnd.akonadi.note), but
> I didn't know about the Notes resource, which indeed uses vnd.kde.notes.
> > When I copy the XDG dirs from Debian Stable to Debian Testing with
> > 1.11.0, SyncEvolution is not finding the resource either when searching
> > for text/x-vnd.akonadi.note. To me it looks like it still has the
> > application/x-vnd.kde.notes content type, however, it is a bit harder to
> > check because akonadiconsole does not run in my Debian Testing
> > environment (no X).
> >
> > Looking further on Debian Stable I found the string in kdepim-runtime:
> >
> > $ for i in `dpkg -L kdepim-runtime`; do if strings -a $i | grep -q
> > kde.notes; then echo $i; fi; done
> > /usr/share/akonadi/agents/notesresource.desktop
> > /usr/share/kde4/apps/akonadi/plugins/serializer/akonadi_serializer_kcalcor
> > e. desktop
> > /usr/share/kde4/apps/akonadi/plugins/serializer/akonadi_serializer_kcal.de
> > ktop /usr/share/mime/packages/kdepim-mime.xml
> > /usr/bin/akonadi_notes_resource
> >
> > This is KDE 4.4.11. The mimetype is the same with KDE 4.11.3 in Testing,
> > although the files are different.
> >
> > So the question still stands: is application/x-vnd.kde.notes the new (?)
> > type for notes, and what is the content?
>
> Judging from the serializers, both mime-types represent the same data
> format, so you can use both.

It seems indeed to be an alias according to kdepim-runtime 72b7c09d5, but IMO
we should decide for one as i.e. the kolab resource now uses text/x-
vnd.akonadi.note and application/x-vnd.akonadi.note while the notes resource
uses application/x-vnd.kde.notes. IMO we should go with text/x-
vnd.akonadi.note as specified in kdepimlibs/akonadi/notes/noteutils.h.

Cheers,
Christian