[Kde-pim] Project: Active Mail

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Wed Mar 5 18:00:31 GMT 2014

On Wednesday, 2014-03-05, 13:52:35, Abhijeet Nikam wrote:
> Thanks a lot, Thomas and Kevin for your much needed guidance.
>
> I too have spotted some errors in the anchors of tool-bar layout  and
> I think I can fix them. But when I  build only mail in the mobile by
> opening: mail -> CMakeLists.txt in QtCreator, and run it (compile it),
> I am getting this error:
>
> Akonadi/Item no such file or declarativeakonadiitem.h directory.
>

> I am definitely missing some links to the required libraries or
> something else. Can someone please help me rectify this so that I can
> start working on the patch?

You need to run cmake on the top level directory. You can then build any
subdirectory you want.

cd kdepim
mkdir build
cd build
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/your/dev/install/prefix -DKDE4_BUILD_TESTS=ON ..

Or even have the build outside the source tree,
mkdir build
cd build
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/your/dev/install/prefix \
    -DKDE4_BUILD_TESTS=ON ../kdepim

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring