[Kde-pim] Project: Active Mail

Michael Bohlender michael.bohlender at kdemail.net
Wed Mar 5 18:56:50 GMT 2014

About the scope:
I don't think that we can do incremental changes in the composer when
switching to the API.

Therefore, we need to set some minimum requirements for when we can switch.

For me they are:
* create new mail
* select to/cc/bcc
* reply to sender/all/mailing list
* forward message
* attach files
* insert signature

The code for all these features exists. The project is not about rewriting
them from scratch but about exposing them through an API.

The other part is a rewrite/redesign of  the composer UI with
PlasmaComponets and the use of said API.

These are also my minimum requirements for the GSoC project. Minimal
requirements means, they can be extended by the students along there
personal interests and preferences. (more features, shiny UI components, a
focus on user experience, ...)

Cheers

Mike